KALAMA MEDITATION CENTER
Buddhist Hermitage Love and Light Will Make You Bright!
KALAMA RIVER MEDITATION CENTER is a Federal Nonprofit 501(c)(3) Corporation
Copyright © 2014
Kalama Meditation Centerwas founded on May 15th, 2014. The center is a US-based 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization committed to supporting Buddhist monks (bhikkhus), nuns (bhikkhunis), lay men and lay women. Our focus is to offer “Insight Meditation” rooted in the Theravada Buddhist teachings of wisdom, compassion, and loving kindness. These practices help us to develop awareness and compassion, giving rise to greater peace and happiness.
What We Do:
- The abbot educates lay practitioners about the Buddha’s teachings.
- We work diligently toward the establishment of a safe, healthy, and happy environment for everyone who is on the property.
- To develop cottages for the Grandmasters to board in while they practice the Buddha’s teachings and meditation.
- To develop a retreat center for lay practitioners to use while they integrate the Dhamma into every facet of their lives.
- We practice the five precepts. The Buddhist journey always begins by taking refuge in the Three Jewels and the Five Precepts. The Three Jewels (Buddha, Dharma and Sangha) provide a spiritual focus while the Five Precepts furnish us with moral guidelines.
1. Do not harm, but cherish all life.
2. Do not take what is not given, but respect the things of others.
3. Do not engage in sexual promiscuity, but practice purity of mind and self-restraint.
4. Do not lie, but only speak the truth.
5. Do not take part in the production and trading of firearms and chemical poisons that are injurious both to public health and safety, nor should you partake of drugs and liquors that confuse or weaken the mind.
Who We Are
Coming together is a Beginning.
Staying together is a Process.
Working together is a Success!